Mayzent (siponimod) – To treat adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
MAYZENT DOSAGE AND ADMINIS TRATION
• Assessments are required prior to initiating MAYZENT
• Titration is required for treatment initiation
• The recommended maintenance dosage is 2 mg
• The recommended maintenance dosage in patients with a CYP2C9
*1/*3 or *2/*3 genotype is 1 mg
• First-dose monitoring is recommended for patients with sinus bradycardia, first- or second-degree [Mobitz type I] atrioventricular (AV) block, or a history of myocardial infarction or heart failure.
MAYZENT INDICATIONS AND USAGE
MAYZENT is a sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor modulator indicated for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), to include clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease, in adults.
MAYZENT ADVERS E REACTIONS
Most common adverse reactions (incidence greater than 10%) are headache, hypertension, and transaminase increases.
MAYZENT DRUG INTERACTIONS
• Vaccines: Avoid live attenuated vaccines during and for up to 4 weeks after treatment with MAYZENT
• CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 Inhibitors: Increase in siponimod exposure; concomitant use of MAYZENT with moderate CYP2C9 and moderate or
strong CYP3A4 inhibitors is not recommended
• CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 Inducers: Decrease in siponimod exposure; concomitant use of MAYZENT with moderate CYP2C9 and strong CYP3A4 inducers is not recommended.