Zulresso (brexanolone) – To treat postpartum depression (PPD) in adult women.
ZULRESSO DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
• A healthcare provider must be available on site to continuously monitor the patient, and intervene as necessary, for the duration of the infusion.
• Administered as a continuous intravenous infusion over 60 hours (2.5 days) as follows :
- 0 to 4 hours: Initiate with a dosage of 30 mcg/kg/hour
- 4 to 24 hours: Increase dosage to 60 mcg/kg/hour
- 24 to 52 hours: Increase dosage to 90 mcg/kg/hour (alternatively consider a dosage of 60 mcg/kg/hour for those who do not tolerate
- 52 to 56 hours: Decrease dosage to 60 mcg/kg/hour
- 56 to 60 hours: Decrease dosage to 30 mcg/kg/hour
• Dilution required prior to administration.
ZULRESSO INDICATIONS AND USAGE
ZULRESSO is a neuroactive steroid gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor positive modulator indicated for the treatment of postpartum
depression (PPD) in adults.
ZULRESSO ADVERSE REACTIONS
Most common adverse reactions (incidence ≥5% and at least twice the rate of placebo) were sedation/somnolence, dry mouth, loss of consciousness, and flushing/hot flush.