Zirabev (bevacizumab) – To treat adult patients with cancer of the colon, breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, a lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer, cancer of the kidney, cancer of the cervix.
Zirabev is a cancer medicine that is used to treat adults with the following cancers:
- cancer of the colon (large bowel) or the rectum (the last section of the bowel), when it has spread to other parts of the body;
- breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body;
- a lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer when it is advanced or has spread or come back, and cannot be treated with surgery. Zirabev can be used unless the cancer originates in particular cells called squamous cells;
- cancer of the kidney (renal cell carcinoma) that is advanced or has spread elsewhere;
- cancer of the cervix (the neck of the womb) that has persisted or come back after treatment, or spread to other parts of the body.
Zirabev is used in combination with other cancer medicines, depending on the nature of any previous treatments or the presence of mutations (genetic changes) in the cancer that affect how well particular medicines work.
NAME OF THE MEDICINAL PRODUCT
Zirabev 25 mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion.
QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION
Each ml of concentrate contains 25 mg of bevacizumab*.
Each 4 ml vial contains 100 mg of bevacizumab.
Each 16 ml vial contains 400 mg of bevacizumab.
For dilution and other handling recommendations.
*Bevacizumab is a recombinant humanised monoclonal antibody produced by DNA technology in Chinese Hamster Ovary cells.
Concentrate for solution for infusion (sterile concentrate).
Clear to slightly opalescent, colourless to pale brown liquid
METHOD AND ROUTE(S) OF ADMINISTRATION
For intravenous use after dilution